Group Environmental Policy Statement
The activities of MJ Gleeson plc are determined by a desire to build environmentally efficient homes. We take a proactive approach to the introduction of innovative technologies to benefit both residents and the environment.
Our aim, in accordance with our Environmental Management System, is to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. We do this by focusing on all stages of development from site identification and purchase, through design, construction and sales and marketing.
Consistent with the environmental policy objectives of MJ Gleeson plc, we undertake to:
- Set annual environmental objectives and targets and monitor these to achieve continual improvement.
- Monitor and review our environmental procedures to ensure environmental standards are being maintained whilst also highlighting potential areas for improvement.
- Encourage sub-contractors, designers and suppliers to adopt environmental policies and management systems to accord with our own.
- Improve the quality of land use within towns and cities by redeveloping derelict and brownfield sites and reducing environmental impacts upon local communities. This is assisted by keeping our sites clean and tidy; conserving natural resources, cultural and built heritage; and adopting robust controls for preventing air, ground, water and noise pollution.
- Communicate openly with our customers, local communities, stakeholders and partners that have an interest in our environmental policies, plans and performance.
- Use materials and products from sustainable sources wherever viable and make use of opportunities for waste minimisation, reuse and recycling of materials.
- Train employees and promote environmental awareness and commitment.
- Keep abreast of and comply with all legislation, regulations and codes of practice on environmental matters relevant to our operations.